Texas Scottish Rite Hospital is one of the largest single-site interdisciplinary center for the treatment of Spina Bifida in the U.S. Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, located in Dallas, uses several criteria to determine a patient’s eligibility. For more information on becoming a patient or referring a patient, contact our Patient Access department at 214-559-7477 or 800-421-1121, ext. 7477.
You may visit the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital website at www.tsrhc.org.
Family Resource Center
Christi Carter Urschel Family Resource Center
The Christi Carter Urschel Family Resource Center’s (FRC) mission is to provide health information and support resources to patients and families in order to help them make informed health care decisions and improve their quality of life. We understand that families whose children are diagnosed with special needs have many questions, and the FRC can help you find answers.
A medical librarian and a licensed social worker are available to help patients and families locate information and resources. The collection includes books, magazines, brochures, DVDs, videos and databases covering a variety of medical conditions. TSRHC patient families may check out items from the center for a three week period.
At the FRC, you’ll find the following helpful resources:
- Patient education materials – read more detailed information about your child’s medical condition.
- Recreation and leisure – Information is also available on community recreation programs, including those offered by the TSRHC Therapeutic Recreation department.
- Resource Lists (View lists of books, DVDs, websites.) –
- Two computers with internet access and a color printer.
- Peer Support Program – connect with TSRHC families who have children with the same medical condition or who have had the same procedure.